AboutBackpackers By The Bay
Our Commitment To You
Our aim is to provide our guests with high quality backpacker accommodation and tour & travel services in the Whitsundays.
You are entitled to expect:
· a relaxed, clean, safe and friendly place of accommodation
· full assistance in organising and enjoying your trip to this amazing part of the world
· friendly, knowledgeable staff who will do their utmost to relate personally to each guest
· respect and tolerance for everyone's diverse and unique background
When assisting you with the organisation of your tour...
1. We will ensure that we have a good understanding of your needs before making any recommendations.
2. We will provide you with as much information as possible so as to make your decision-making process as accurate and easy as possible.
3. We reserve the right to recommend tours that consistently provide the most rewarding experience.
In NO CASE will we simply recommend a tour based on earning a higher commission.
Backpackers By The Bay was the first backpackers hostel built in Airlie Beach, back in 1986. It is still the only purpose-built backpackers in the area. The owners, Peter and Carolyn Upton, are avid travellers and believe the best experiences when travelling involve the people you meet along the way. To that end, the main focus of the hostel is on guest-interaction. To facilitate this, activities are held each night in one of the many communal areas. These include group trivia quizzes, pool competitions, outdoor movies etc. In addition, most of the hostel's facilities are communal, including the kitchen and laundry. What's more, we are proud to boast these areas have been the first meeting place for a number of guests and/or staff who have gone on to marry, have children together and continue to keep in contact with the hostel! Yes, you could call us "The Love Shack"!